My brain feels like and ant is crawling inside of it. Stepping on nerves and making my thoughts run a mile a minute. My eyes hurt. Every little thing is getting on my nerves today. People talking. Centrifuges beeping. Polite requests. Phone calls.
Today, my grandma turns 81. That's kind of a big freaking deal. Last year at this time she was in the hospital, recovering from a broken tib/fib. I'd prefer to erase last year from the calendar. I started crying the other night just thinking about it. I swear my hormones are out of whack. Last night on our weekly trip to QFC, we reminisced with the cashiers about her hats and how much better she looks now and how now my aunt will use my grandma's old hats. We have our issues as a family, but we sure do know how to pull it together when it comes down to it.
I just reminisced about all the things we went through last year and became sad. I'm going to get back to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment